THE SONRISE STORY
SONRISE is one church in multiple locations. We gather in various locations throughout our community to multiply our impact and engagement with our community, as we equip people to know Jesus and make Him known - one neighbor at a time.
SONRISE has been built on a unique (when we were started) three-part strategy ... reaching up to God in Celebration, reaching in to one another in Caring Small Groups, and reaching out to people with the Good New of Jesus Christ.
- On weekends, we meet for Worship with a modern and culturally current style of ministry employing a variety of means, including relevant Bible teaching and modern worship music.
- During the week, we meet in homes and various businesses in "caring" Small Group for study (believing), sharing (belonging), and service (becoming).
The purpose of our gathering for worship and community is to scatter into the "highways and hedges" (Luke 14:43) of our community as representatives of Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "Come and follow me" (Matthew 4) then he said, "Go therefore into all the world" (Matthew 28)
In order to reach those who are not being reached by traditional churches, we will start and nurture various faith communities.
SONRISE is designed to be "A PLACE FOR YOU!"
As people created in the image of God, our hearts long for and seek out some important things:
1) We seek to know the meaning of life - and that meaning is found in God's Son, Jesus Christ
2) We seek authentic relationships - and those relationships are best found in Christian Community
3) We seek a purpose for our life - and the greatest purpose of all is to love and serve God and those around us
Because we are people who seek meaning ... Sonrise is "a place to believe"
Because we are people who seek relationships ... Sonrise is "a place to belong"
Because we are people who seek purpose ... Sonrise is "a place to become"